The Girls Inc. Experience empowers girls to succeed. Girls Inc. provides girls with trusting, mentoring relationships, a girls-only environment, and research-based, hands-on programming. Three critical goals drive our programming – that girls lead healthy lives, succeed academically, and develop life skills to prepare them for adulthood.
To meet our goal of girls leading healthy lives, we work to ensure that girls have the skills, knowledge, and support to take charge by increasing healthy behaviors throughout their lives by focusing on the three pillars of our mission: Strong, Smart & Bold.
- Makes healthy choices
- Manages reproductive health
- Motivated to achieve post secondary education
- Sets & achieves personal, educational, and career goals
- Has healthy relationships
- Has sound body image (which is related to self-confidence)
- Uses own voice & advocates for others
- Is resilient