HOW DO WE REGISTER?
At Girls Inc. Westchester, we offer a variety of in-person and virtual programs for all girls in Westchester County ages 9-18, free of charge. We are excited to offer our programs to our participants from October through June.
All participants are required to be members of Girls Inc. of Westchester. Membership is renewed annually. The Girls Inc. Experience consists of people, an environment, program content and practices that together empower girls to succeed.
To register for any of our programs, click here for our Girls Inc. of Westchester 2023 – 2024 registration form.
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact us at 914-419-0764 or email us at email@example.com.
After School Partnerships
We currently offer after school programs throughout Westchester. If you would like to participate in the after school programs offered at your school, please use the registration link to find your school and join us!
Our Current Partners:
- Claremont Elementary School
- Roosevelt Elementary School
- Mt. Kisco Elementary School
- Port Chester Middle School
- Alexander Hamilton Middle/High School
- Riverside High School
Day School Partnrships
Our Current Partners:
- Anne M. Dorner Middle School
- Mamaroneck High School
- Mt. Vernon High School
Hybrid Programs – Middle/High School
Girls Leadership Council – October 2023 – May 2024
- This hybrid program offers leadership development, mentorship opportunities, hands-on experiential activities, community discussion and community engagement.
- The key activities and concepts of the Girls Inc. Westchester Leadership Council are to:
- support girls in developing leadership skills,
- helping them connect to their community and providing support to them as they develop
- grow a sense of empowerment and responsibility as champions of social change.
- The GLC meetings are held every 2nd Saturday of each month from 10:00-12:00 pm AND virtually 3rd Thursdays 6:00-7:00 pm at the Girls Inc. Westchester office in White Plains from October – May
- In Person
October 14th, Nov 11th, Dec 9th, January 13th, February 10th, March 9th, April 18th – Girls Inc. Gala, May 18th – Youth Leadership Summit
October 19th, November 16th, December 21st, January 18th, February 15th, March 21st, April 13th, May 9th
- In Person
Exploring Entrepreneurial Experiences (E3) January 2024 – May 2024
- This hybrid program is partnered with Girls with Impact. They’ve designed a mini MBA program designed with Harvard leaders.Girls will discover how they can turn their passions into businesses and become entrepreneurs. The virtual sessions allow the girls to learn new skills and start to apply them while the in person sessions help to build community within the cohort and take their project to the next level. In the end the girls will present their projects at the Youth Leadership Summit – Shark Tank Style. In addition to the skills they’ll build, one participant will win a grand prize.
- The meetings are held every 2nd Saturday of each month from 12:30-2:30 pm AND virtually 3rd Thursdays 6:00-7:00 pm at the Girls Inc. Westchester office in White Plains from January – May
- In Person
- January 13th, February 10th, March 9th, April 13th, May 11th, May 18th – Youth Leadership Summit
- January 9th & 23rd, February 6th & 27th, March 5th & 19th, April 2nd & 23rd, May 7th
- In Person
Mid Winter Break Programming – Elementary/Middle
- We’ll host our Women on the Diaspora Week during Mid Winter Break: February 20th-22nd 2024
- We’ll host specialized programming for participants in 4th grade through 8th grade themed to highlight the historical contributions of Black Women across the diaspora through a variety of hands -on activities.
College Tour – Grades 9-11th
- The college tour will take place during the Winter break from February 20th – 22nd 2024.
- In an effort to expand girls’ post secondary horizons and prepare them for their choices we’ll take a small group of girls on a tour of college campuses during the mid winter recess.
- The college tour is an experience that places our participants on a minimum of 3 college campuses. Many of our participants may not have the opportunity to actually experience a college campus before they go away to school. A college tour and meeting with college students helps to expand their minds on what’s possible for their future. We hope to connect our girls with former Girls Inc girls and recent grads in an overnight 2 -3 day college tour of SUNYs. They’ll have the opportunity to speak with admissions administrators, professors and current student leaders. They’ll even get a literal taste of college life through the campus food.
- If we are unable to secure funding, we’ll host day tours of Westchester based colleges and CUNYs.
Families and participants can express interest but this opportunity will be invite-only for students in 9th -11th grade and will require:
- participation in other Girls Inc. programming with leadership qualities demonstrated,
- positive behavior,
- and a recommendation from a Girls Inc. Facilitator or Leader
This opportunity will be paid in part by the participants and in collaboration with local sorority chapters.
Spring Break Programming – Middle School Only
- March 25-28th 2024
- Women’s Week is a celebration of women and girls, highlighting women of color.
- We’ll use the week to host themed workshops led by Girls Inc. participants as nominated by Girls Inc. facilitators and an end of the week event.
- This will be open to middle school aged girls and won’t require previous participation in Girls Inc. programming.
Healthy Relationships Tuesdays – Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:00 via Zoom Middle/High School
- Our Healthy Relationships curriculum helps girls understand how to have healthy relationship with peers, parents, school personnel, and most importantly, themselves. We have offically opend enrollment for our healthy Relationships program. Please use the registration link to join us!
College and Career Readiness – Wednesdays 6:00 – 7:00pm via Zoom Middle/High School
- Our Postsecondary Readiness and Career Ready Curriculum help girls to prepare for their futures after high school and beyond. From envisioning your future and setting goals, to applying for colleges and scholarships and figuring out the financials. Please use the registration link to join us!
- Trip opportunities vary year by year. Many of our trips for this year will focus on career exploration. Register using the link provided so you stay up to date as opportunities arise.
- ***Please note that signing up and being confirmed for a trip but not attending or canceling last minute will affect your chances for future trip opportunities***